Protection of Personal Information Act)
Distil Marketing (Pty) Ltd (registration number 2018/454590) is a SEM & Web Development agency based in Cape Town, South Africa.
We offer specialised services including: SEO, Paid Media, Web Development, Web Hosting & Web Maintenance,
as well as Content Marketing, Email & Social Media services and eCommerce Solutions.
when using our website and accessing our products or services.
This policy applies to you if you’re:
- a visitor to our website
- a customer who has ordered goods or services that we provide
- a supplier or partner
- An employee or contractor
All terms of the policy must be accepted when you order or use any of our services or goods, or our website.
You may not order or use any of our services or goods, or our website if you do not accept this policy.
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
You may only provide us with your own personal data, or the personal data of another data subject where you have permission to do so.
3. Information we collect
We collect the following types of information:
- Name / Organisation Name
- Contact details (email address , phone number)
- Customer Billing Information
- Other relevant information to deliver our services accordingly
4. How we collect information
We collect information directly from you, as well as automatically from you through the use of our services:
Information collected directly: Information such as your name, contact details, billing information are typically collected directly from you.
You have full control over how much information you get to share with us.
Information collected automatically: When you use or interact with our site and services,
we receive and store information generated by your activity such as analytics data and other information automatically collected from your browser.
Consent to collection
We will obtain your consent to collect personal data:
In accordance with the applicable law
When you provide us with personal information / optional information directly via our website or various communication platforms
5. Use of your personal information
We require your personal information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reason:
- Internal record keeping and administrative purposes
- Provide new services to you
- Respond to your request, inquiries, comments or concerns
- Improve product and service offerings
- For advertising and promotional purposes of our products and services
In order to analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website, we may place small text files called ‘cookies’
on your device when visiting our website. These files do not contain personal data, but they do contain a personal identifier allowing us to associate
your personal data with a certain device.
Most web browsers accept cookies automatically, however you are able to modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer.
We may share your personal information with:
- Our internal team at Distil Marketing (PTY) ltd who works full time or part-time for us.
- Other 3rd parties who provide us with relevant services where necessary.
- We do not share any information to 3rd parties in relation to marketing services.
We are committed to ensure that your personal information is protected, therefore security measures have been put in place
to secure and safeguard the information we collect online and elsewhere. Security audits (done twice monthly)
and risk assessments are performed when necessary in order to ensure that risks facing your personal information are managed appropriately.
Any sensitive information or banking details, email addresses of directors are kept away from the Distil Marketing team and only available to the directors of Distil Marketing and account directors, unless we have permission to share certain data with members of the team.
9. Your legal rights
You have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal information, which include:
- Request access to your personal information
- Request correction of your personal information
- Request deletion of your personal information
- Object the processing of your personal information
- Request restriction of processing your personal information
- Request the transfer of your personal information
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
10. Accurate and up to date
We strive to keep the personal data we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as possible. You are able to review or update any personal data that we hold on you by contacting us.
Your personal information will be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose we have collected it for, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting purposes.
13. Data Breaches
We will notify our customers of any confirmed data breaches that have occurred.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third-party websites.