We took content from the client’s top performing Forum threads and added those to the blog, so that we kept the top threads once the forum got taken down. Our content writer went about this by writing short summarized content, followed by the original thread.
Repurposing the top threads into blogs worked fairly well, however, the bounce rate was still way too high, so we ended up going back and forth to the drawing board in order to accurately analyze these articles.
The SEO specialist at Distil Digital looked at queries in Search Console that were relevant to articles. The approach was to turn the summarized articles into proper full articles, using the topics covered in the summarized articles, and then adding the queries from Search Console and answering them as effectively as possible. Distil also looked at competitors, making sure to add some of the competitors’ related topics to the articles. Additionally, the layout of the articles were changed.
We started with 8 articles in September 2019. Below you’ll see Landing Page Data from Google Analytics for All Channels.
This is to see if the articles were successful in lowering Bounce Rate, improved Avg. pages per session, as well as Click Through Rate.
The client went from +- 3850 organic users per week to 4850 in 2 months.
Most clients wish to see loads of content topic ideas right off the bat, as well as content scheduled for the blog post, however, the best approach is a slow one, which allows us the time to analyse the current content and optimise accordingly.
Regardless of how much content you have on your blog, if the content is not effective, then it’s as good as having no blog at all.
The tricky part of creating articles or content is that it’s never easy to predict how it will perform. Some may perform well from the get-go, and others will need some tweakin